Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Month in a Moment

*Inara is seen on the floor of her Hangar, Echidna's Daughter looming in the background with her various other ships scattered around it. She's sitting on a folding chair while one of her doctors tends to her hands. Behind her are several temporary cots, all with security detail in various conditions of injury, though none of them appear to be lethal.*

By the stars, I barely remember the last time I talked to to one of these things. *chuckles* And what a month it's been... I fell in love with an AI, made friends with an interesting couple, helped bring a man back from the dead while in Esoteria putting energy beams through True skulls, and I just finished debriefing some people for failing their tasks and allowing Reppy to get hurt. And that's just the highlights... I'm not really in the mood to relive some of those details.

*She flinches slightly as a loud snapping noise comes from where her hand is, what caused it is hidden by the doctor however.*

Maybe Reimei was right, maybe I do need to take a few days off... just go planetside, go shopping with Jall'n, leave all my comms offline or in orbit. Definitely taking Age and Reppy with me, I don't think I'd get a wink in if I didn't know they were safe. *She throws a glare over her shoulder momentarily* Though, after this reminder I doubt that will ever be an issue again.

Have a few new ways to do business now... *starts typing on her datapad and pulls up a series of images as she talks* Hephaestus' Hammer, *a very pleased smile is on her face as she mentions it* it'll repair severe amounts of armor damage in a short amount of time. Aegis is a rather interesting ship, resilient is the best way to describe it, and it packs a considerable punch at short range. And finally, Cupidity, the bane of all capacitor dependent systems in the cluster; and I don't think there's a turret that can consistently hit me or anyone I fly with for anything reasonable.

*The doctor finishes doing whatever he was doing with her hands and walks away with a quick bow. Inara flexes her hands a couple times, the bruising seems to be completely gone, and the cuts are mostly healed over*

I still can't believe I owe that... thing anything. Especially nothing this important. *shakes her head* Well, I'll send her a bouquet of microchips and wires or something.

*As she stands, she waves her hand and the feed dies.*

No comments:

Post a Comment