Saturday, June 6, 2009

Happenstance

*Inara is seen, yet again sitting on the long couch under the armor plate window in her main living quarters wearing her over-sized, dark blue, plush robe. She's sipping on a glass of water looking off screen with a content smile before turning to the camera drone and speaking in soft tones.*

Sometimes I wonder if things like this are because of me, or those I surround myself with... *She waves her hand in the direction she was looking a moment ago causing the drone to swivel and face the door to a lavish bedroom, the door is seen open showing a large bed with two dark haired forms laying on it, apparently still asleep, before returning to Inara.* I got a message as I got back from the gym, asking if she could visit... Apparently Reppy invited her over after their 'close-call' the other day when I was sleeping in. She apparently was in a hurry to get here... *Inara pauses in concentration for a moment* 1 minute and 20 seconds faster than it should have taken her if she was walking at her normal speed; and just fast enough to arrive as I was walking out of the shower.

We discussed typical things, work, pleasure, clothing, food... we even had dinner, Ternos was at his prime today. Talk returned to clothing, and unfortunately, Kimochi's skirt wasn't what many would call modest or appropriate for the low table and mats my dining room configuration was set for... one thing led to another, Reppy was massaging her shoulders, hints of what could happen were everywhere, then... it did.

*Inara smiles as she reminisces a bit, drinking her water with a content sigh.*

We were fairly tame... but, it was definitely an experience I wouldn't mind repeating. *Her face sobers slightly* I just need to speak with Vince before he gets the wrong idea, I made a promise to him and I want him to know that I kept it. I never pursued her, but true to the warning I gave him, I couldn't turn her away when she came to us. Besides, even if Kimochi hadn't been flashing her latex thong at me all through dinner... Reppy seemed more than excited about her joining us, and I always find it difficult to tell that girl no.

*Inara's eyes flash back off screen quickly as she holds her breath. A few moments pass before she lets it out with a sigh.*

I thought Reppy was waking up, and her curiosity would mean she'd want to see this. And since I haven't told her about the promise I made to Vince... it'd bring about a lot more questions about me than I'm willing to give her answers for at this point. Some day I should figure out what I want rather than continuing to play my part as protector of me and mine... but I don't know I could do that without knowing there was something or someone in place I trusted to fill my role in my absence.

*Inara yawns and stretches her arms above her head.*

I think I'm going to go curl up between those two, and catch up on my rest... I have a feeling Kimochi is a morning person.

No comments:

Post a Comment